Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Vintage Hexagon Quilt Pieces Re-purposed (Part 2 of 2) & For the Love of Vintage at the Pink Attic Cat

I continue with more photos of my newest re-purposed items.

Love working with the Hexagon Quilt Pieces I found at an estate sale last summer (2015). Re-purposed these vintage gems into functional and decorative kitchen towels. All towels are 100% cotton and created using vintage trim.


Also, a reminder of my friend Amy's Pop up event at the Pink Attic Cat tomorrow, Thursday through Saturday.

 

I highly recommend attending the CreativiTea. Amy gives everyone access to a great assortment of wonderful vintage materials to create something special. I will be helping out at the shop. I love to watching Amy's customer's create wonderful one of a kind items, just in time for Valentine's Day.

This one is a bit different than the others. I used a vintage embroidered pillow case and re-purposed it into a kitchen towel. This is one of my favorites, perhaps became I remain drawn to hand embroidery and butterflies.

 

January was a good productive month!

I have also been working on my basement Studio space. I have been de-cluttering. Trust me, that has been quit a challenge. That project is still in progress but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am pleased with the results so far.

 

Lots of old scrapbook papers and stamps have found new homes with several of my creative friends, including the Art class at my neighborhood elementary school where I work as a substitute teacher.

After I get my Isa Creations books all taken care of, I plan to continue to work on more vintage quilt pieces. Including a large stash of square quilt pieces I found during the summer of 2014 during a trip to my hometown of El Paso, Texas. This find is special to me because my sister and Robert's sister Bea went with me to an estate sale in the Rio Grande Valley. I see these square quilt pieces becoming houses and roofs (maybe even a camper) in the future.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment