Monday, February 1, 2016

For the love of Vintage at the Pink Attic Cat


I am happy to share that my friend Amy, owner of The Pink Attic Cat will be popping up this Thursday through Saturday.  Isa Creations re-purposed items will also be available at the Pink Attic Cat. 

 Below are all the details:




I will have Valentine items and lots of Red, Pink and White items at the Pink Attic Cat this Thursday through Saturday.  Here is a preview of some of those items:

Vintage valentine images ironed on to muslin fabric treat bags.

 A 20 x 16 Canvas created using paper and hand-dyed red crochet heart doilie, vintage trim and buttons.  An original canvas.

 Vintage tiny scrabble letters:
 Lots of black vintage buttons, including a couple of glass buttons.
I created two 20 x 16 vintage doilie, lace, trim and vintage buttons canvas.  I only have one left.  I love all the layers inspired by mix media.

 Another 20 x 16 canvas with hand-dyed red doilies, lace and trim with vintage buttons.  Another original canvas inspired by mix media.



I will also have my newest flour-sack kitchen towels I have been working on.  I love using vintage materials.  I love the look the vintage pom pom trim gives these flour-sack cotton kitchen towels.  The houses and designs all created using vintage quilt pieces.  Details on the process can be found on the blog post prior to this one.









LOVE VINTAGE pom pom TRIM!!

I have more kitchen towels using a different vintage quilt pieces.  See tomorrow's post for those photos.  

I mentioned in my earlier post, I would take myself to accounting purgatory to work on Isa Creations books for 2015 middle of last week.  This is what happens when the former CPA (me), a tax accountant no less,  takes on a different career path and realizes creating with vintage materials is much more fun than accounting.  Plus, when did I become such a procrastinator?
Well, I can always plan what I will do but those plans rarely work out.

With Amy having a pop up market this week, I decided I needed to finish all my new kitchen towels. 
Makes sense, right?
 Since I will be at the Pink Attic Cat this Thursday through Saturday, naturally I can't go to accounting purgatory this week either!

Next week!  I will go to accounting purgatory next week!
Unless of course, I can come up with a reason not to:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment