Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Repurposed Vintage Embroidered Linens into Pin Cushions in Vintage Molds

My last blog posting was over a month ago.

  Summer months are always a mix bag for me.

My creativity is more sporadic and unpredictable.
 I feel a pull in different directions during the summer months.

Since my last blog posting

We enjoyed a few days in Estes Park, CO where we enjoyed a few hikes, fishing (hiked to a lake in Rocky Mountain National Park, visited with former Houston neighbors who have a summer home in Estes Park and even spent time at the YMCA of the Rockies craft room!)

A few days later, the kids and I went on our annual road trip to El Paso, Texas to visit my parents, sister, nephews, niece and other family members. We celebrated a few birthdays and spent quality time with family.  Kids and I cherish this time.

After two weeks in El Paso, I continued working on my vintage linen pin cushions created using vintage embroidered linens and various vintage molds, including Jell-O and heart shape molds.

We were back home for just a week when the kids and I went back on the road for a short trip to Ft. Collins, CO for my daughter's student/parent orientation at CSU (Colorado State University).
Exhausting but very informative 2 days.

Now, we are back home and looking forward to staying home.  

In between all this traveling I am rather surprised I managed to stay focused to get more than 75 new pin cushions done.  My next show will be September 5th at A Paris Street Market.

Until then, I have several goals:

My craft room is a mess...again.  Need to work on it!

I have a long list of items I want to create, including creating Halloween items.

I am hoping to re-open my Etsy shop.  

However, like I tell my daughter, let's focus on what we have accomplished and not so much on what we still need to accomplish!  So with that in mind, I am happy to share 
my new pincushion  photos I posted on
my Instagram  and Facebook account for Isa Creations Vintage.

I am not sure how to link my Instragram account but here it goes
https://instagram.com/isacreationsvintage/





And, here is what I created during our trip to Estes Park (YMCA of the Rockies craft center).  A large wooden lazy susan with a house mosaic design.  I still need to paint the edge of the wood and the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment