Thursday, May 28, 2015

Published in Sew Somerset!

This past month has been busy to say the least! Here are the highlights since my last posting...

 I had planned on posting pictures from the Spring Horseshoe Market. 
Clearly, that post did not happen.
 When you live in Colorado, you can't assume you won't be cold in May. 
The Spring Horseshoe Market started with a rainy setup
Fighting the elements during setup is not fun
however,
it's part of the business!
Outdoor Markets are Rain or Shine!
Rain on it's own is not too bad;
however,
combine that with cold temperatures...
not a good combination;
Grateful to so many loyal Horseshoe Market customers
who came despite the rain and cold
Later in the day,
the Sun came out
briefly, but it did appear!
Damp clothes and cold 
meant I was cold the entire day!
Grateful for my friend Amy's husband,
Greg,
who took care of both of us...
Pink Attic Cat Booth
and 
Isa Creations Booth
were next to each other!
Coffee, lunch run and blankets!
Thank you Greg!
Show ended 1 hour early
so we could pack up before
heavy rain came!
Packed up in light rain but did avoid
any heavy downpour.
It's been raining EVERYDAY for weeks now.
Tired of the rain but grateful we have not experienced
the torrential flooding  rain in my home state of Texas,
 especially my old home in Houston.TX.
Hopeful it will be a warm sunny day at my next show
June 6th!

On a personal note, so very proud of my daughter Laura who graduated from Columbine High School this past weekend.  Graduation was held at the convention center's Bellco Theatre.  Comic Con was also being held at the convention center this past weekend.  It made for a memorable and entertaining graduation day!  So happy my dear friend from High School, Rosella,  made the trip from El Paso, TX to attend her god-daughter's high school graduation.  Having Rosella here made it easy for me to reminisce my own high school days.  As I see my daughter with her friends, I'd like to think her friendships can also be lifelong!

Finally, on a happy small business note:
I am so happy and grateful that my House Coin Purses have been published in the Summer 2015
Stampinton & Co. issue of

I love this issue, so many creative and inspiring artist!  I am very humbled to be a part of it! 
 I really need to get my act together and list these houses on my sadly neglected Etsy shop!  I hoped to have that done before the issue came out but it did not happen.






UPDATE -- June 3, 2015 I updated blog posting by replacing photos taken with my phone with new pictures taken with my SLR Canon camera.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being published in Sew Somerset! I love your darling houses, especially the rhinestone doorknobs. The detail on these are amazing! The pom pom trim on some of the houses almost looks like Christmas lights strung along their eaves. Also, I'll be using your tips about estate sales to find a few of my own to visit this Saturday. I'm always on the hunt for vintage music, books, and tablecloths for my art projects. For purchasing this issue of Sew Somerset, visit https://stampington.com/sew-somerset/Sew-Somerset-Summer-2015.

    ReplyDelete