Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Break in Texas - A day in Warrenton/Roundtop TX

It's been almost two weeks since I spent a day with one of my dearest friends, June (who lives in San Antonio, TX0.  During our one week spring break trip to Texas, I was grateful my family and I had a safe and fun trip.  On Saturday, March 28 June and I spent the day in Warrenton/Roundtop TX during Texas Antique Week.

It was simply wonderful.  Walking through all the booths while visiting with June was the best!  We had lunch at the Royer's Cafe next to Zapp Hall.  The day was sunny but not too warm.  Here are some pictures of my finds that day.

 I love these large mother of pearl engraved buttons.  Another favorite:  Vintage Rhinestone Buttons.

One of my favorites is when June and I visited the Junk Gypsy Store.  I purchased their new chalk paint along with a t-shirt.  In Warrenton, I found these spools of trim.  Rick Rack is a favorite of mine.   Love it, especially the price... a steal!  I love butterflies so I had to have these metal butterfly picks.
 Who can resist these two panels of lace?  Not me, obviously.  Also found a very pretty silk scarf along with some more trim.
 
This is a magazine, Jeanne d'Arc Living,  I would occasionally purchase from A Gilded Life (online shop with lots of lace).  I was able to purchase these older issues for 50% of their published price plus NO shipping...a bargain.  Love these magazines!  I also purchased more Annie Sloan Chalk paint, my supply at home had dwindled and it was less expensive that the store I get it from here in Denver. 
 

I found this cute vintage snowman for my friend Amy (Pink Attic Cat owner).  She collects snowmen and this one just said, "take me to Amy."

I have two dress-forms I want to alter.  I think this crown will sit on top of one of them.  
Now for pictures of Texas Antique Week in Warrenton/Roundtop, TX.















At Junk Gypsy Store

June Leyendecker and Isabel Wagner





Thanks June,
 for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment