Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Luggage Tags using J. Wecker Frisch's Draw Near Fabric

Before I started working on my little house coin purses/ear bud case, I had started working on these luggage tags.  This project, like most of my work, evolved in to luggage tags.

I love the latest fabric by J. Wecker Frish, Draw Near. You can visit her blog, Joy Studio  here.

I purchased yardage of every fabric in the Draw Near line.  That is how much I love it!  A few days after our Texas trip, I wanted to start creating (it had been too long and creating is just part of my DNA).  This is what I came up with.


One of my favorite estate sale finds is vintage trim.  To give these "girls" a bit of color, I added vintage trim.  I know I mentioned a few months ago how much I love my new sewing machine.  It does wonderful embroidery stitching.  Adding the decorative stitching made it feel like I was adding some mix media element to the luggage tags, like a form of stamping. 

Why add color?

One of my all time fabrics (also from the Draw Near fabric line), is the fabric I used on the back of these luggage tags.  There is a layer of thick interfacing between the top and bottom layer of fabric for added support.

Back of Luggage Tag

To finish this project, I added a grommet on the top along with a plastic luggage tie and stitched in place an  ID plastic card holder to the back.  A business card can be used as your ID information on the luggage tag. 

I will create some basic ID cards that can be filled out with name, address & phone number (if the person does not have a business card to use).

These new luggage tags will be available at A Paris Street Market in Aspen Grove September 6th.





3 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Sorry it took me so long to discover and comment. Nice job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just saw your comment on the blog post. I love your fabric so much. All the tags sold out. I will have to make more for 2017:)

      Delete
  2. Obsessed with this fabric but unfortunately it’s hard to find. Do you have any left that you would be willing to sell? Thanks Rhonda

    ReplyDelete