Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vintage Embroidered Linen Clutches at Pink Attic Cat

Last year, I re-purposed many vintage embroidered linens into birds, pin cushions, buttons and tote bags.  This year I want to challenge myself to create more hand-crafted items with one of my favorite mediums -- vintage embroidered linens.

This is what I came up with...

vintage embroidered linen clutches


I purchased an assortment of frame sizes, along with a tutorial and did some on-line research.  I purchased frames that are nickel-free with a 2-coat finish that allows fingerprints to wipe with ease.

I like to create one of a kind items; therefore, I think I accomplished that when I created these clutches and coin purse with vintage embroidered linens.  They are lined with a decorative cotton fabric.

These (with the exception of 2 clutches - one is a gift and another I am keeping), will be available for purchase at the Pink Attic Cat located at 2555 W. Alamo in downtown Littleton.  Amy's shop, the Pink Attic Cat has many wonderful Vintage, Unique and Curious objects.  You can visit the Pink Attic Cat's Facebook page here.












3 comments:

  1. Are they for sale? Lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there directions anywhere on to assemble these and where to buy the purse hardware part?

    ReplyDelete