Saturday, December 3, 2011

Vintage Music Paper and Tulle Christmas Trees

The Mansion hosting the Sugar Plum Bazaar was decorated to reflect the theme...Sugar Plum.  Common areas had these beautiful tulle trees throughout...yummy colors.  Of course, the tulle tree was one I wanted to create...just for fun!
Photo from Sugar Plum Bazaar Facebook


This is my pink tulle tree.  I added as silver star as a topper and randomly added my favorite, silver glass glitter.

Love how the pink tulle pops with the snow!



Vintage Music Paper  Trees is something else that has recently caught my eye.  I created a few and played around with different toppers.  I got 3 these little ornament toppers at a recent shopping trip to Crate & Barrel...love to shop at that store!  The topper with the little cluster of balls is from Hobby Lobby (although, it did not come this way, I created the clusters of  little ornament beads together and of course, added silver glass glitter).

These trees were all rather time consuming.  I was surprised to find they are not a quick projects.  The papers trees required much patience, especially with applying decoupage medium and sprinkling of silver glass glitter to every layer (pretty messy but I don't mind messy when I am crafting).   I am happy with the results.  
My little trees among real snow...December 1st, 2011










13 comments:

  1. Do you have easy to follow instructions for the tulle trees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a large wooden thread spool as the base of the tree. I also used a wooden dowel rod (large enough to fit through the thread spool)- secure with glue or hot glue. Make sure the rod is flush with the thread spools so it stands without tipping. Let all that dry before you continue. Have graduating sizes of circles cut (I used vintage music paper). The first layer, start from the bottom. First layer of paper I decopage to a circle cardstock for added support. For each additional circle, decopage or add glue to the outer part of the cirlce...sprinkle with glitter then with a knife cut a hole in the middle of each circle. Slide through the wooden dowel. Continue to add layers of circles, as they get smaller to the top then glue an ornament or decorative topper. I hope these instructions work for you. Isabel

      Delete
  2. Do you have instructions for the tulle tree? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. What about the tulle trees? I would like to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the request for a how to on the tulle trees. I have so much tulle from my plans to make my LO a bunch of tutus but since she doesn't like them, it's all just collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the request for the tulle trees how to. I have so much collecting dust since my LO doesn't like tutus that I planned to make with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulle directions please. Want to make one for classroom with our school colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have instructions for the Tulle tree?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isabel - you have such beautiful taste! I found your tulle tree link through pinterest and LOVE the idea. I hope to try and make it for my 4 year old's room this season. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you make the tulle tree? I got this from pinterest right now, but am interested in making the tulle tree.I noticed several people have asked for the directions.. If you didn't make it, can you tell us where you got it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is another Pinterest Pin for Tulle Tree, which looks like this only different color. This has the directions. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332694.0
    Hope this helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How in the world did you make that gorgeous tulle tree??? Oh please share the instructions! I wuv it :0))))) Thank you! Amie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love the instructions also pleaseeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete